Sunday, December 25, 2022

Field Notes- Sunday December 25th. Cloudy. Eighteen degrees. Green Grass. We have Heat.


 Merry Christmas.

We have the furnace going.  House is Warm.  Internet is back- mostly.  No Sunday paper but found Christmas Cards in the mailbox.  The Mail Truck must have come by in the night.

It's very quiet.  No cars.  No Snow.  No Generators running.  Power is back on.

I think I had an image that was more Christmas like (in the file) but I chose this one because- as the last few days have proven to me- Neighbors and Friends are really the best Gift of All......

To all of you out there- some I know and some I haven't met as yet---Thank You for stopping by every so often to read the words I type.   It's a lonely Life here in Maine.  Lots of Solitude. 

Writing these words each day.....to "someone" out there in the internet--is my favorite time of the entire day.  Connecting to people I may never meet in person but who read my words, comment some times, become dear friends sometimes (which is so so wonderful) and make me feel "connected" to a community. the Best Gift I have ever gotten.  You.  So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  Joanne


10 comments:

beverly said...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too.

Angie said...

Merry Christmas, Joanne!! I still ‘visit’ you every day, even though I don’t comment very often. I’m so glad you’re there and grateful for your friendship!

DianeN said...

Merry Christmas, Joanne.

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Joanne! So glad to hear that your power is back and your home is warm. Have a wonderful day. Betty

Paula, the quilter said...

Merry Christmas, Joanne! I'm glad you have the heat back on. Hubby and I have colds for Christmas. In fact, he is so bad that we cancelled the kids and grandkids coming over. We hope to do Christmas at New Years.

LindaSonia said...

Merriest of Christmases and Happy New Year to you Joanne!

I enjoy reading your blog every day even if I don't comment all the time. I'm coming from a place of solitude here so it's a great comfort to feel 'connected' to someone out there in cyberland. All the best wishes! :-)

Deb Lacativa said...

Merry Christmas!

DogStarArt said...

Merry Christmas!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Merry Christmas!

Beth said...

Dear Joanne - I have been reading your blog for years and never commented due to my own (ridiculous) paranoia about identifying on social media. You are experiencing some of those same life changes that I and many of my friends are going through so you are not, by any means, alone in this transition phase. COVID changed so much for so many of us. My husband and I downsized and moved from our lifelong home in rural VA to Atlanta where we know no one but our children but at least we are not coping with ice and snow. It has been a major adjustment but life is gradually opening up and your Christmas dinner with the Twins and their family is much like our newly forming relationships with our own neighbors. Happy New Year and hope for better times in 2023.