Saturday, December 03, 2022

Field Notes- Saturday December 3rd- Dark, Wet, Rain Soaked Day.


 Orange, Pistachio, Chocolate Shortbread.

NYT.  I wrote down the recipe and then read the Notes (comments).  NYT can be so pretentious. In other words- the recipe as written does not work.  And cutting bars from an 8 by 8 pan does not result in 48 that look like the picture.  I might make the dough and just...I don't know- as the comments says the dough crumbles--so this has disaster written all over it- as do so many of the NYT recipes.  

Team USA lost to the Netherlands.  This morning.  They were outplayed.

I enjoyed Obama's funny put down of H. Walker last night or the night before having to do with Vampires.  Why not disqualify Walker-- as he has stated very clearly-- that he is now and has been a long time resident of Texas and not Georgia. The residence he says he has in Georgia belongs to an X-wife who wants nothing to do with him. Certainly doesn't want him living there. He may have paid for it...but that isn't "residing".... neither is playing college football in Georgia 20 or 30 years ago.

If he was running as Democrat...guess what the Republicans would be saying.

So. my day was filled with World Cup games, Christmas Movies, short amounts of news...I get upset-- and walks into the kitchen to look for snacks.  I had ice cream, corn chips, Swiss cheese and Cinnamon toast. Nothing that qualifies as a "meal".  I will have steamed rice and vegetables today or Kraft Mac and Cheese.

Yesterday's Book: Sophie Go's Lonely Hearts Club. About a new matchmaker and the old men she finds matches for.  She also wrote Natalie Tan's Book of Luck and Fortunes which I have read many times. Author of both books is Roselle Lim. I had a mother who punished me because my father loved me. Sophie Go has a really awful mother.  I'd love to see this book as a Hallmark Christmas Movie.

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

I think the large early voting turnout here will show that most Georgians do no want this buffoon representing their state, no matter what party they are affiliated with.

Have you checked into smittenkitchen.com? I am no cook and her recipes all seem so doable to me. Humble rather than pretentious.

beverly said...

I like smittenkitchen too.