Saturday, December 10, 2022

Field Notes- Saturday, December 10th. Sunshine. 27 degrees. World Cup Soccer.


 I may have mentioned my Poinsettia and even had a photo here.  So...here's another.  Varigated.

I watched 6 episodes of Annika on PBS yesterday (previously recorded)- after dark (4pm) and what I liked about it- besides the European vibe- was that the lead actress would turn and speak directly to the audience during the production.  Like actors do, at times, in a play.  I like that. I also liked when she met her daughter's therapist out in public and after the daughter left them- he just says "yours or mine?"

I had half a box of Kraft Mac and Cheese for supper.  Then I had ice cream right out of the carton. Hours later.  I dug around in the freezer for frozen peas or something else that was GREEN  just to make  the mac and cheese- more meal like.  The Food Groups.  There is an unopened package of BBQ Pork.  I could have had some of that. I didn't.  But now that it's in my head- I will add it to the remainder of the mac and cheese.  I need to buy a block of Cheddar Cheese.

I haven't read a book in three- possibly 4 days.  I have one that needs finishing.  I don't really like it. But it's an okay book.  I have four or five on the pile.  I'm at a place where nothing is interesting.

I watched World Cup Soccer.  I will watch today if they are playing.  I love their haircuts.

I have a list of Christmas Rom Coms here by the computer.  Ones I might like watching.  Matchmaker's Christmas.   I am thinking of hiring someone to subscribe to Prime and Netflix for me.  Because..truly, people out there reading this...I lack the stamina and nerve to do it by myself.....I am actually feeling my AGE.  I am feeling FRAIL.  Does the Caregiver usually die first???

I mended my sock.  I paid bills.  I was an adult. A FRAIL OLD WOMAN adult....but one who can mend things, pay bills and make Kraft mac and cheese from a box in an old saucepan I got as a wedding shower gift in 1968.

Now, I am going to make a second cup of coffee and do a load of wash and write in the Pages stuff I can't write here........I could.  But it would be rough going and I don't think the Readers who come here are interested in riding shot gun on Therapy.

2 comments:

Kim Carney said...

I love Annika!

Life Scraps and Patches said...

That second-to-last paragraph - priceless!