Saturday, December 24, 2022

Field Notes- Saturday, December 24th. We lost power and the generator is bad and now the power is back on.


 What a few days this has been.  And it's freezing cold here in the house. Power in On. Well it wasn't quite ON. But now it is.  We had a few "yelling" moments which I have been asked not to have in Future.  But we got the power on and the furnace is running but will take TIME to get the house back up to Temp.

Sigh.  It's been a RIDE.  I am so going to order one of those backyard all house generators.  The ones all the neighbors have.  Power goes off and it comes on.  No gas cans etc.  No arguments. I was being asked to buy a $5800 generator to replace the gas hog running outside the garage.  I said no.  Every  other person said yes.  But........I don't ever want to have that thing going outside anymore. I am done with that.

So.....invited to Christmas Dinner at 1pm tomorrow.  Prime Rib.  The Twins and Family.

Son called from California and he is starting in on the Christmas Eve Pierogi which he and I both make each year.  I am not making them this year.  I might make them next week.  Not today.  Not Tomorrow.

Sigh...I need to get myself centered.  I can't tell you how happy I am to be typing this.  Even with ice cold fingers.  I need to make a big mug of hot sweet tea.  Merry Christmas.   Happy Bright and Warm.

No comments: