Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Field Notes- Wednesday, April 19th. I did not get my Driver's License Renewed.


 I did not have my Birth Certificate.  So they said no license renewal.  (after two hours waiting) Took the expired license away from me. Gave me a paper that says I can drive for two months. Temporarily.

They gave me a form to send to Ohio.  To get a copy of my Birth Certificate. Come back when I have that.

Not until I have that.

So- TWO HOURS and my friend Nancy and I returned home. I was number 17. The Waiting room was full.

We (husband) are going to see if it's in the Safe Deposit Box at the Bank.  If not...then I am sending the paper they gave me to Ohio.  Waiting.

Not that I intend to drive.  Anytime.  Ever.  Again.  Not that I went anywhere when I did drive.  Just into Town and the Grocery. Walked to Library from Grocery Parking Lot.  Hardly ever out of Town- crossing the bridge in the past year.  When you get that "feeling" like its actually not a safe thing for you to drive- that's when you should stop.  76 is a good time to stop.  Sell the car.

But then ... what if you have no kind neighbors and friends or family to take you places?  What do those old people do then....what do I do then?  Janet says I call a Taxi Service for Elderly People.

Gosh...Life?  No Driver's License.  Washing Machine that might expel huge amount of water if turned on. Or might not.......  I really would like to go back a few months to when everything was okay. Nothing to think about or worry about....I could just throw things in the washer and sit down and write in the Pages. 

I had no idea Life was So Good back a few weeks or months ago. Yes, I did know it was good. I was happy.  Well, I need to find some Kleenex-- blow my nose wipe off my cheeks.......

I have books to pick up at Library and a few groceries to get.  I need yogurt- coffee cream.  I need a hug.  I am so very thankful for my neighbor Nancy......quite wonderful to have someone take you to the DMV and sit with you for two hours...and no license renewal.  Sigh.  We had good conversation for two hours.

Her high school grandson is in Europe for Spring Break.  A School Trip.  Rome, Italy today. Still has his suitcase and backpack......iPhone pictures each day. What a Wonderful World.

No comments: