Friday, April 14, 2023

Field Notes- Sunshine and 76 outside. Cool in the house. I woke up, showered, dressed and fell asleep on the couch.


 My Daffodils out behind the house- Huge and very very amazing looking.  Fully in Blossom.

I woke with a whole body rash. Again. Very hot shower then Calamine Lotion.  Clothes- then breakfast and newspaper and finally asleep on couch.  I am going to eliminate flour  (wheat) from my diet.  Rice. I will be eating rice today and if we go out- I'll buy bananas.

To say, I feel lousy, is an understatement. Even though the red rash and hives are non existent right now  (I can see faint shadows of where they were early this morning.... I still feel tired.  I haven't a clue what set this rash into a circular crap shoot......but even my socks itch.

I poured drain cleaner (unclogger) down my bathroom sink drain and waited 15 minutes and then poured boiling hot water down the drain.  No clog this morning.  No idea why that drain would clog.

I actually have no idea about anything today.  Back to the couch.. closing my eyes.

A shame to be missing out on the very first 76 degree day of Spring in Maine.

2 comments:

DianeN said...

Joanne, maybe you should not take such a hot shower. I would think it can only exacerbate a rash. Any kind of allergic rash or contact dermatitis doesn't respond well to super hot water. (According to my doctor.)

Joanne S said...

Oddly enough this stupid rash- actually bubbles of air under the skin-- does well with the hot water- goes completely away for hours. I think it might react to stress.....husband is being very stressful this week.