Sunday, April 23, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday April 23rd. It's chilly and a bit cold today. Damp. Cloudy.


 I don't actually like looking at FISH or eating them...but this wooden fish reminds me of my father's Tackle Box.  And the different, I think they are called "bobbers"?  anyway.  This fish looks like a cob of sweet corn with a head and red fins. From Little Somethings blog. Which I think is just Something these days...in my sidebar over to your right.

Husband is going to be roping a few dead fallen tree limbs or whatever and dragging them to the "way back" of the property where he piles debris from the yard.......It should involve quite a bit of the daylight hours.  He's VERY slow these days and forgets what he is doing.  He raked leaves out of the beds up in front of the house yesterday.   Got very very tired.  His back hurts him all the Time but he refuses to even try standing up straight.  I also suggest he lay flat on the floor with his feet planted flat on the floor, ones bent to encourage his back to flatten. .......he won't. Even try.

Took him three hours to eat breakfast and read the paper.  I have to wait till he's done with sections of the paper. Before I can read them.

I heated up one of my Pre made Grocery Store Meat Loaf dinners yesterday evening.  I peeled and sliced a carrot to add to the vegetable segment of the meal (broccoli)- which I microwaved before adding the meatloaf slice and the mashed potatoes to the dish.  It was a very nice dinner. Husband had soup. 

We are planning on having Pizza today.  Using my last onion.  He'll have onion and pepperoni.  I'll just have onion.  We'll both have cheese.  Unless I defrost bell pepper for my side. And I will be sure to drizzle my half with Ranch Dressing today....I forgot last time.

So that's it.  If it was a regular day...I would be walking down to do a load or two of Washing Machine Pages....But that can't happen......so....I did wet mop the kitchen floor.  After sweeping up things like crumbs and dust.  Not yesterday.  A few days ago... it's still clean.  I need to turn on the lamps- very dark in here.  It is supposed to rain.  My tooth is still broken but I only notice it if my tongue goes over there. Otherwise, I forget.  

I am going to be reading Nora Goes Off Script and at the midpoint I will start crying and cry all the way to the last few pages.  and I just got myself started...it really breaks my heart....this book, this couple... but I need a good cry.....and a happy ending. I might read Second First Impression next.  Another good cry. Or Agnes and the Hitman.  I think I might start with Agnes.   The Hitman and his Clean up Guy (dead bodies)- usually caused by Agnes..... are always a good time.

I'm just in that sort of emotional mood today.  The Lack of Sunshine.  The Moody Dark Sky.  The News. The Dark Woods.....  sounds like Teddy Bear's Picnic.  My favorite small record when I was four.

No comments: