Thursday, April 27, 2023

Field Notes- Another Spring Day. Sunshine. Contact Dermatitis. Joanne is Very Itchy.


 So........I have a super annoying case of Contact Dermatitis.  Meaning "what ever" is touching my skin is making it itch and have these air bubbles  (blister filled with air).  ITCHES!!!!! It comes and goes. Not everyday and then everyday... It has been worse.....but still annoying.

I am showered-  Wearing pajama pants.  Bedding is in the laundry basket.  I'll be DOING a load of wash today.   I am still anxious about selecting the wrong wash cycle or whatever.  The number of selections on the machine .....so many.  Clothes come out not really holding water.  And after the Drier-- so SOFT. Even without fabric softener (which I can't use- contact dermatitis).  I use wool dryer balls.

I had one apple left and it had been around for awhile so I decided to peel and slice it and add sugar, butter and cinnamon.  Sort of a Microwave Baked Apple.   Itching started after I ate it.  Apple, Butter, Brown Sugar, Cinnamon.  Pretty BASIC.  Triggers for a Food Allergy are usually Milk, Eggs, Wheat.

My youngest brother was allergic to EVERYTHING.  I am reminded of the severe rashes he had.

There is a blog in my side bar with Daily Joanne in the title of the posts.  I am So Envious of the tag. That title would have been awesome for this blog- Daily Joanne.  

The Benadryl is making me very slow and tired. I'm reading the second 7 day loaner book from the Library.  Yours Truly.  Jimenez.  ER Doctors.  Kidney Transplant.  It's the newest book in a continuing series.  Rom Com but actually just the Rom.  Usually the situations are really serious. Life and Death. As it would be in the ER.  I am drifting- sleepy.  Husband has just stretched out on the other couch- napping.

Old Folks At Home- asleep before 2 pm.   Kyle at the appliance store is going to help me choose a new STOVE.  I know...who are you??? and what have you done with the real Joanne.  New Stove. Not yet but soon.   I am returning to the couch and possibly my own NAP.

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

Benadryl makes me so sleepy! I have been taking at night because I have bouts of itching in my sleep! I bought a ton of sauves and sprays on Amazon the other night when I couldn't sleep. NONE of them worked. Benadryl seems to help. I am really sorry that is happening to you. I know the one time I thought I had shingles, the worst experience of my life ... right after the SF earthquake (I think it was stress related) ... the minute I took a hot shower, it all got worse! so not HOT showers