Sunday, April 09, 2023

Field Notes- Easter Sunday- April 9th. Sunshine, but chilly inside the House. Bunny skipped our house.


 Well, here it is Easter.  Seems early this year.  Chilly inside the house.  My hands are cold.

The Daffodils out back are opening- it all looks very pretty this morning. The neighbor across the street was all excited about having family here for Easter but they all seem to have gone to visit her ex-husband about 30 minutes to our south.  That happens every time the family comes to visit. They sleep over and then race over to Dad's house.  He married the "other woman".

So she is across the street.....alone. She should have gone on vacation. A resort.

Husband finished a difficult puzzle yesterday and has opened a new (to him- its a Library loaner) puzzle and is sorting pieces looking for the "edges".  It makes him crazy when I walk over look at the pieces and then pick up an piece and put it in place.  And then walk away.  Our visual acuity.  Very different.

I did not read yesterday.  I Fringed.  Hard to know who is in which "reality".  Season Three.

I made Pizza for dinner yesterday and today I will be setting a fresh pot of Chicken Soup onto the burner. I forgot to drizzle my half of the pizza with Ranch Dressing..... sad face....and I have the remainder of the Lo Mein to finish today...happy face...  So much for Easter Dinner.  Daughter stopped working at the Candy Factory early...so no Easter Candy for the Old Folks.

A headline in the paper..."Has America Lost It's Way?"  Yes.  A thousand times ...Yes. We are at the "lowest common denominator" period...... no one is going High. Reminded of Obama telling us to "go high when they go low"   Remember that?  Or was that Mrs. Obama??? I am so very tired of all the "going Low".......

1 comment:

Paula, the quilter said...

It was Mrs. Obama. I just found out that she is a knitter!