Tuesday, April 18, 2023

Field Notes- Tuesday, April 18th. Raining here in Maine- Chill in the Air.


 The Gardener Choosing What To Grow.  Not me.  I tried the Root Crops (beets, carrots, onions) and the little critters ate them from underground.  I won't do that again.

Rain yesterday and today.  Which is fine.  Rain is always needed. Welcome.  But surprised by the Chill. The cold that came with the Rain.  And then there is a complete absence of Sun.  April.

Library was closed for my usual Monday visit so we will go today.  Husband is still eating his breakfast. I had a nice stack of books but didn't get to most of them...had to renew the stack I am keeping until next week.  I don't understand how they didn't get read...... has it been three weeks?

House lights are on, furnace has been running.  Wet brings a more intense chill to the house.

Husband has Chicken Soup. A new batch.  I am thinking I need to put on socks.

Tomorrow Morning- DMV to get my Driver's License renewed.  I have collected all the papers and ID needed.  My Lunch Buddy says I will need to do the Eye Test.  I need the License for ID.  I am not at all sure I will be driving.  My Car is still in need to a new Battery.  And the Inspection Sticker.

I think I need to go back down to my room and get socks.  It's really cold. I already have on a long sleeved thermal and Sweater.  But socks........I need socks.  And a fresh hot cup of sweet tea.  

The few days of sun and warm are past us now.....Maine is known for long, cold, wet Spring. And, if the truth be told......the same in Summer.  I can recall temps of 50 in the summer.

No comments: