Friday, April 07, 2023

Field Notes- Sunshine and nearly 60 today...... no coats. Taxes.


 Taxes.  The Bankers were HERE.  Toured the property.  Chatted.  We signed.  They carried the returns off to write checks and mail.  Asked if I minded?  No!!!!!  I gave them my favorite pens.......G2 Bold.  They liked them...very much.  The Trust Office will be getting new pens. G2 Bold.

Tax Season is over.......what a relief. and no Post Office.

Chinese Take Out yesterday worked out GREAT ( G didn't get lost going or returning).......I made it thru the Crab Rangoon and the Pot Stickers. But never even opened the container of Vegetable Lo Mein.  No Fortune Cookies.  I felt a great sense of loss. I liked those little cookies. We ate while watching BattleBots. Yes....we did watch that. I actually enjoyed watching BattleBots.  Angry Machines. Had Tangerines.

When we lived in the suburbs of Chicago and the children were in elementary school-- we had Chinese at a little place and got tangerines with the fortune cookies...... both children loved the soap dispenser in the rest rooms....spent additional time there.  

Now it's only Take Out- no indoor seating or eating.. COVID changes everything eventually.

I read a book.  About a Men's Romance Book Club.  It's a series by  Lyssa Kay Adams.  Undercover Bromance.  Not the first of the Rom Com books to have this in the subject matter. I could look it up...see what the percentage of Rom Com readers are male etc..... but I won't.

Today's book?  I think Maggie Finds Her Muse.  Paris.  

Lunch buddy Lunch on Tuesday.   Now- Another cup of tea and a shortbread cookie.  



1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

A Chinese restaurant here has tangerines at the end of the meal. They use the bottom part of the peel like a little dish and open the tangerine like a flower. They are uch a pretty treat.