Sunday, April 02, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday April 2nd. Sunshine. Rained yesterday and overnight.


 Bonsai type sticks to hold and support vegetables in the garden.   I have used this type of support system in the garden for years and years.  A stick or branch and some string.

The dark blue crocuses are fully blooming.  The daffodils are heavily budded but no flowers have opened as yet.  The tiny miniature yellow daffodils are just leafing out.  No hyacinths as yet.

I am near the end of the Jussi-Adler Olsen book.  We know who the bad person is.  Carl does not. This book was heavier on the actual murder mystery than usual and not on the quirky police personnel. I think perhaps because they were taking Covid lockdown seriously......not everyone did.  In books.

So....husband is sorting  "new" puzzle pieces.  It isn't a new puzzle.  But it is something to do.  He's now doing one per day so I am having to recycle them...more often than I usually do.  This one has larger pieces so it should go quickly but there will to be the usual- "pieces are missing" complaints.

My day long marathon of TiVo'ed episodes of Fringe finally got to the two worlds colliding yesterday.  The Peter from the "other" reality is now in the one we think is real. And perhaps we'll find out about Peter.  Since there IS a grave with his name on it.  I recall watching episodes each week....but seeing them back to back is better for cognitive recall.  And the ending will certainly be a surprise. I think I missed it first time around.

I made pizza yesterday.  I had onion and bell peppers on my side.  He had onion and pepperoni. We both had lots of cheese.  I had a bottle of lemonade with mine.  From a day I had company sitting on the porch and she didn't want a beverage.  I need to buy a large bottle of wine. Tomorrow on Grocery Day.

I need to email Allie to find out if she is growing tomato seedlings.  Put in my order.  I want more of the Sun Gold cherry tomatoes.  I used one of the frozen blocks of roasted Sun Gold tomatoes (frozen) and really enjoyed eating the resulting pasta.  Lots of Pectin.

2 comments:

Kim Carney said...

Noah picked all of my crocuses the other day, to give me a present ;) How can you be mad???

Joanne S said...

You can't.........they will bloom again next year.....