Friday, April 21, 2023

Field Notes- Friday, April 21. Sunshine and 50 degrees. Making Chicken Soup Again.


 Applying Fertilizer.

Not as yet here in Maine.   Fertilizer.  Or Tomato Plants.  Still too cold here.

So...a sort of "resting" day here at my house.  To get over all the excitement of previous days.  Husband needs another pot of Chicken Soup.  I am glad I bought 99 cents a pound Chicken Thighs last grocery shopping day.  I have two onions, carrots and lots of celery (over bought).  Noodles.  I will start the pot as soon as I hit post.  I am tempted to cook for myself.  I rarely cook for myself.

I eat toasted bagels topped with cheese and sweet pickles.  Or Yogurt with Bran Buds. Or nothing.

I am (impossibly) waking up at 7 am these days.  Which makes my DAYS very very LONG and TEDIOUS.  Sigh.  Today is fluctuating between clouds and sun.  Like every five minutes.

We had our very own MASS SHOOTING here in Maine.  Shooter was about an hour out of prison. Really, he got released and was armed- where he got weapons is not something anyone is talking about. He  drove home (where did he get a car?) shot his parents and his aunt and uncle- then drove away from their house and just started standing in front of cars on the highway and shooting the people inside the cars. He shot a father and his two children. He did not shoot himself....a pity.  He should have shot himself first.

Not much to say, Husband finished a big puzzle and is now sorting pieces for another puzzle. And that will be the day today.  I finished another of the Bromance Book Club books. I don't have any more. Next up are repeat books.  Ones I love and like to read.  The Bromance Books were "new" to me.

Mail Truck just coasted past.......might just wander down to see if we got anything.

And that's it for today.  A Pot of Chicken Soup.  Boiling some noodles for the Soup.  Tangerines. Puzzle. Word Search.  A packed day for husband.  Nothing for me. I was going to look for something....in the Attic.  But I can't think what it was........... can't think of anything I might want to do...... My day and my life are pretty dull and empty.......might need to give the bookcase a look see....for a good book.  I don't want to visit the Library today.  But might go into the search thing and order books...from other libraries.




No comments: