Monday, April 10, 2023

Field Notes- Monday, April 10th. Sunshine. Not feeling well.


 I woke.  Not feeling well.  Itchy. Hives.  Benedryl.  Hot Shower.  Calamine Lotion.  Then back to bed, hopeful that the next time I woke...would be better.  

An allergic reaction to something.  I am thinking the Lo Mein as it was new to me.  Still feeling weird.

Husband wanted to set up the Peony support rings. (I didn't know but saw him there when I woke)  Stood on all the tiny red Peony growing points. There will be no peonies....he has crushed them all.  I asked Why......there is never an answer to my Why questions.  Executive function no longer working.  

There is nothing I can do to fix.....them. Him.

That bed will look so EMPTY in the months ahead.

Tears....for the Peonies.  For me.  I will remember this loss for years of Springs to come. They won't ever come up again. I think this is true. How can they if the growing tip is crushed.

I have lived here 31 years and the Peonies almost all of that Time.

4 comments:

DianeN said...

I'm so sorry about the peonies, Joanne. I understand.

Joanne S said...

Thank you. the Long Goodbye, I think this is what they refer to...........

Deb Lacativa said...

If the tubers themselves didn't get crushed or broken up they may just send up new shoots. Seeking light and life is what tubers are all about. I wouldn't despair yet. You may have blooms, just a little later than usual. Some years back, a car ran off the road and scraped mine down to the dirt cutting many in half. Those took a year to come back, but they did.

Joanne S said...

Well, Deb, if your recovered I am going to think positive thoughts for my 4 peonies. Thank You for sharing your experience.