Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Field Notes- Mia Culpa. My fault. I JUST FORGOT TO POST.


 I guess I got "sidelined" after receiving my cross the street neighbor's "agenda" for the remainder of this month and all of next...... I am in charge of watching the house.  Collecting mail.  Bringing in Boxes delivered..by all sorts of trucks.  Fed Ex is a Frequent Flyer on this street.  Amazon in the mailbox. Like the trucks are driving past several times each day- going to my next door reclusive neighbor. 

And Reading my 7 day Library Loan of Curtis Sittenfeld's "Romantic Comedy".  80 (possibly more by now) holds on 14 books here in Maine.   It was "okay".   Not up to the standards of "Eligible" which was so good I bought a copy for my bookcase.  This was two stars. Out of four.  Older man and woman- older here is in their 40's (such bullshit)...and guy was multi millionaire.  Gulf Stream Jet and all. COVID.  My Library has it on the 7 day shelf.  I also picked up Jimenez's Yours Truly.   Another about ER Doctors.....remaining charactor needed a book. Also 7 day.  Return before Monday.  Slow going. But I like the guy already.....I usually like the guy more than the woman.

Washing Machine is being installed.......Two (only) doors had to be taken off hinges.  Young 20 something told me I should expect only 15 year Lifetime for this "good machine" not the 36 years of the old one......(if you all were wondering why I kept the old one so long.) "they don't make them like they used to."   Shiver. He told me about refrigerators with all sorts of tech on them- even a camera to look at contents without opening door.... he said they need service "often".  Well, I KNOW that- having returned two Defective Fridges to Lowes.  10:30 am.   I have a Ton of Dirty Clothes to WASH.  It has a spin knob with 20 selections.  About the same for Wash Water.

I had Hot, Cold, Warm.  Large, Medium, Small.  I think there is a special wash for wool sweaters....Like I would put any of mine in a machine....the HORROR of that!!

Last night the raised red welts and itching...instead of Hot Shower, Calamine Lotion etc etc.  I just dry swallowed two Benadryl and fell asleep.  I had Noosa Yogurt yesterday and am now wondering if the yogurt is the cause of the Allergic Reaction???  Sucks if it is- I have five in the fridge.

Still tinkering back in the bathroom with the washer.  It's so much bigger-   Taller.  Installer- VERY TALL is in behind it plugging things in etc.  They will tip it when he needs to CLIMB out. 

So they are done- he showed me how it works.....so many buttons.  Dryer was heating.  Vent was working. All systems are go.  He DID NOT fill and empty....so....I'm pretty nervous.  Water is my Cryptonite.

Sorry, I worried you all...... it's dark, wet and cold here in Maine...Reclusive Weather.

2 comments:

Deb Lacativa said...

But what fun! New appliances that don't make you worry are the best.

Kim Carney said...

I hate the side loaded I have with tooooo many options. At one point David told me not to bother with it anymore, he would do laundry. and I said FINE!