Sunday, April 16, 2023

Field Notes- Sunday- Clouds in my Coffee. 58 degrees with possibility of Rain.


 Something Jude Hill would make.  

I have made Jude Hill tiny finished one inch squares, with the quarter inch basted down all four sides of each tiny square.  Lovely when it's all done. I like everything she makes. I think I would adore making a Jacket.  What would make it happen is a small group of quilters.  Meeting once a week. I think all my Quilting Friends are dead or moved far away.  I know quite a few are dead. I have their cloth stashes. I even have one friend's sewing machine. Breast Cancer.

Yesterday.......not much happened.  In fact, so little happened, I can barely recall any of it.  Really! I do recall the washing machine....... trying to block that.

Today I am making a fresh pot of Chicken Soup.  Possibly the last of the season.  Chicken Thighs are on sale again for 99 cents a pound.  I could buy more. Could. Would. Should??? Stockpile Frozen Chicken Thighs........yep? I'm thinking it might be okay.

New York Times had Manicotti.  My grocery used to sell sheets of pasta for Manicotti.  I would fill and roll them, bake and eat..  The NYT suggests a box of "Manicotti Shells" (what???).  Tomorrow is Monday so I will look but I don't think I will find. And I am SO NOT getting out the Pasta Machine and making sheets of pasta.  But now I consider it....might work out.

If my son was visiting- we would. For sure.

We would also make Mexican Casserole.  Which I also love to eat. And our own Pot Stickers. And perhaps a Fruit Pie.  We both love Cherry Pie. As soon as the Rhubarb is up in Patty's yard- I will be making a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Perhaps a lost Black Lab will stumble out of the woods?  That happened the last time I made a Strawberry Rhubarb Pie.

He isn't coming to visit. (my son)......I always knew he wouldn't... Daughter has also disappeared.  Working. I'm spending too much time sitting and looking out the window.  My Spring Bulbs are in Full Bloom and it's really so pretty.  The center island bulbs and the front yard ones are a few weeks later..... I have books to read....there is a fabric wanting to be a border for a small patched square.

No comments: