Thursday, April 06, 2023

Field Notes- Thursday, April 6th. Clouds, 39 degrees.......


 The price of this coat and others is in the four digits-  Yep.   I saw a pair of $900 shoes. Loafers. They looked like Loafers.......any Loafers.  Well, Navy Blue Loafers. 

What I actually would like to KNOW--who is buying and wearing this "fashion"????? Let me know-if you know who is wearing it...

Clouds in My Coffee again today.   sigh.  House Lights on at 9 am.  I have no lights on here in the room I am in...and it's dark.  Waiting to see what happens- rain or snow or nothing. Or Both.

We are ordering Chinese Food Today.  Hot and Sour Soup for husband.  He likes the big container so two days of soup.  And he likes the Fried Rice.  Well, He Did.  Who knows what he will like when we order. I have No Idea what I will order. Zero. Idea.  It's been so long that I have forgotten what I usually get. I did  like Orange Beef.  But not anymore. I think I like Lo Mein.  But I usually have to add stuff to it. At home.  Like fried carrot strips. We'll see what happens. I should ask daughter what she orders.  But she is at work.

My Lunch buddy says we'll meet next Tuesday.  For Lunch.  Her husband has just finished their tax returns. He does them by hand with pencils .  Doesn't trust computers or any sort of thing that isn't a pencil. I think he's 80 plus years old.. Been working on them for weeks.  A Lawyer (retired).

Banker is bringing ours tomorrow. I think he will be talking about Quarterly Payments. We don't have offsetting something or other.   

As long as I am not doing the taxes.....I'm fine with "whatever" something........  

Just finished a favorite book.  Might just turn back to the first page and read it again.  It would be an amazing movie.  Lucy Checks In.  Ernst.  Love after 50.

And that's it for today...Thursday, April 6th.  The daffodils out back are budded and will open in a few days.  The crocuses are falling over....having done their Early Spring job..... we still have unmelted snow from weeks ago. It IS and it ISN'T Spring.  Why does Winter linger so long and Spring arrives so SLOW and departs so quickly???



No comments: