Monday, April 30, 2018

Full Moon- April 30


Art from ArtPropelled

The Sun today is fluctuating.  Coming out to warm and then going back behind the clouds.  Fugitive.
We called a color that--fugitive- in art classes if it wasn't "permanent".  Light fast.  We call people fugitive. If they run away and disappear.

This Moon shines into the skylight over my sink in the kitchen.  I turn out the lights to go to bed--look up and the Moon and I communicate.  It's not something I understand.  I feel the pull.  I raise my hand and hold the moon in my fingers. Imagine pulling it down and into my pocket. Over my heart.

Today I filled page three in that new mixed media art workbook.  Page one (4/24) was a watercolor mix of circles.  Page two is still in progress--I measured off squares to fill the page and then began making alphabet letters to fill the squares.  I had to measure, erase, measure again.  Finally, I have most of the letters.  B is still a problem.  W is way to large.  L.  Do I make the leg long or short.  I have worked on this page for almost a week.  Today I started page three (4/30) with circles again. Filled them with bits of text from the classifieds.  Then, I didn't like it.  Glued images from a food magazine--I think they are watercolors of worms and things found in soil.  Two "worms and a circle with legs" and the work was good enough.

That's enough for today.  I am melancholy.  Spring is a time of new beginnings and I am trailing so many unresolved ties to the Past, things I should let go of.....  perhaps I will write them on paper and bury them in the Earth.  Where the Moon shines tonight.

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

give them to the Earth...but as Planting them.

i wish you a Gentle Day, as cynthia does....Gentle Day....