Tuesday, May 01, 2018

One Of The Many Chair Drawings-2008


I have a thing for drawing chairs.  It's like doing Portraits.  Like the chair is a metaphor for a person.
I think I should "return" to drawing chairs.  In my new workbook.

After yesterday's post, I did some research--and writing your worries on paper and offering the paper up to the Moon is a "thing" that people do.  So I did.  I felt a sort of ripple through my body when I first raised the paper with my worries written on it up to the Moon last night.  The Moon was a bit cloudy.  But as soon as I held up the Paper the clouds vanished (Yes, so fast) and the Moon got brighter and had a moving--I don't know- shifting light around it. An Energy.  I think I mentioned that I wanted the Moon to take these worries from me. I held the paper up to the Moon for what felt like a long time and a short time.

And then I torn the paper into very small pieces (you can also bury it or burn the paper) and went to bed.  Fell right to sleep.  No dreams.  No thinking about things that worry me.  No anxiety.  Just sleep. I woke feeling happy.  Peaceful.

I tried to think of the things I wrote on the paper.  They wouldn't come.  Like they are now "blocked". Which is a surprise and a relief.  One of the mysteries of Life.

In an hour I am off to the library to teach Container Vegetable Gardening for the third time in four weeks.  Third Time is the Charm, right?  This is the class we cancelled in March due to a snowstorm.

I used my higher dose inhaler last night and this morning.  I had been coughing.  A sign of breathing problems.  The site of my weekend tick bite is now raised, warm and red so I called and am getting a large, one time dose of doxycycline from my primary care doctor.  Just in case.

Since the library and the grocery store are next door to each other--I'll get my prescription and do my class and get some new books to read--all in one stop. Tomorrow I see my lung doctor.  So, it's all working just the way it should be.  For once.

1 comment:

Peggy said...

Your moon ritual! So beautiful and I know that feeling of true release. Makes me feel like I really do have the power. xo