Wednesday, May 02, 2018

My Almost Daily Pile Of Work


Top row are the little 35 square "pages"  which I hand sew together.  I'm getting faster but the blocks still go together a bit wonky no matter how carefully I fold the quarter inch and stitch.  On top of the pile--the Moon Page.  I added that vertical and then a tiny scrap of "seeds".   Since I garden so much--seeds are important to me.  The bottom row from left--a larger piece that was heavily stitched but still wasn't working is now cut into two smaller pieces which will be stitched to fabric to form "pages" for my fabric book.  Far right==French fabric selvages stitched into a page.

I'm imagining all this a book form--pages that can be turned.  Nothing permanent so if I see possibilities in the Future, I can just snip some holding threads and take any of the pages and work from there.  They all look very jolly in a pile as well.

I still have a bowl full of tiny squares.  Today I might just stitch rows of the same color.  Like a rainbow.  But I do need to visit the Attic for more colors.  More blue.  And some brown for the Earth.
I'll see what I see.  I am definitely not lifting and unpacking boxes again.  Sigh. I ALWAYS say that.

The back south side garden is a RIOT of yellows, blues, pinks and whites right now.  I have tried to take pictures but I just can't get a successful shot.  All Spring blooming things.  None of my flowering fruiting trees are in flower yet.  It's sunny, 71 and leaf-less.

I am drinking plenty of water for the tick meds.  My medicine for my asthma got moved up to the next level (doctor visit this morning) --I sort of expected that.  So, it's getting worse.  But the upgrade in med levels might mean I can do a nice 1 or 2 mile walk again.  We'll see.  It would be nice not to cough so much or be so exhausted all the time.

G and Riley are going out for their walk ( a walk I used to participate in) and I will stay home.  Go look for blue hand dyed cottons.  And some browns for Earth.

No comments: