Thursday, May 10, 2018

Rocking Chair Drawing circa 2008


Wow.  I haven't actually seen this one in forever--look at the weaving!!!!  I can't believe that was me doing that intricate work.

I really must move furniture and then crawl into the bookcase to find this journal with the chair drawings.   I drew from pictures of chairs in the very expensive Decorator magazines.  I don't even know if they print them anymore.  Or if they do--they print full page spreads of a single chair.  I must find them just to prove to myself that I "do know how to draw".

I worked on page four in my new square drawing book.  I had made a bunch of connecting lines, creating a series of triangles.  Looked sort of like a totem of an eagle--abstracted.  I had gone looking for my colored pencils......but never did bring them back to the "big room" and our dining/drawing/everything table.  All I had was a sharp pencil.  So, I started adding patterns while watching the discussion of our President and money laundering and "pay to play".

I purchased a few flats of seedlings. Parsley (my seedlings are still mini), bush Early Girl tomatoes and then a whole tray of pink hyacinths that were in the dumpster. Yes, the flowers had "gone by" but the bulbs are still viable.  They will be trimmed, cleaned up and planted in one of the front beds.  There are way too many in the back beds.  All rescues.  I also brought home two flats (12 plants each) of white petunias for my front containers.  They were wonderful last summer--before the deer ate them all.  And a flat of basil.  The basil is always iffy.  I have germinated seeds of two kinds of cherry tomatoes I enjoyed eating last summer and the Romanian tomatoes.  And I think two germinated seeds from very nice bell peppers from 2016--I am hoping more germinate.

I have collard greens ready to go into the garden, onions, dill and other herbs still in the baby leaves time period--no real leaves as yet.  They are on the front porch in their milk jug greenhouses.

We were very warm yesterday--I had on my summer uniform of Bean cropped black knit pants and white linen shirt.  Today I am back into Bean corduroy pants and a thermal shirt under my blue work shirt from K-mart (Ohio) over 20 years old and still great condition.

Well, I have tomato seedlings to relocate into larger pots and that journal with the chairs to find. I may look at the magazine rack at the grocery to see if any decorator magazine is there with big pictures of chairs.

No comments: