Thursday, May 24, 2018

Let's Just Call This An Example


The Cage--well, that would be expectations or employment or stupidity.  Notice the cage door is OPEN.  That would/could mean escape or choice.  Go in or stay out.  Or just continue to be doing wrong headed things.

I have a tendency to be wrong about things.  A very strong sense of "duty" and "work" beaten into me--literally--by my parents.  We've talked about this before.

Anyway, Wednesday I went into work.  I wasn't supposed to but my employer called and asked me to come in.  And I think I am finally not going to be doing this again. Today I am coughing and yesterday I was exhausted.  I do feel a sense of responsibility to my loyal customer fan base.  My husband says, "they were fine before you worked there and they will be fine after you stop working there."

I think this is the same thing I said to him when he retired and worried about the restaurant he had been managing.  But, they weren't fine after he left.  In fact, the restaurant closed a few years after.

Today I am vacuuming.  No matter what else happens.  Vacuuming.

My across the street neighbor has a guy over at her house washing her windows.  Making me think I should be washing my windows.

Later I have an online book to continue reading and some additional sizes of fabric bits to cut for my evening past time of sewing things together into 5 by 7 inch blocks.  And we might have some ice cream later today.


No comments: