Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Not Pansies Today, But 50 Pots Of Geraniums


That was my task for the Time I gave my employer.  Potting up 50 dark red geraniums.  Adding my "touch" of moss to cover the exposed soil in the clay pots.  Mixing soil as I went.  Others were potting up red, white and blue containers for the coming Holiday.

I left at 2 pm.  Exhausted, dirty and because it was so hot at the potting bench.....not hungry but I hadn't eaten anything since breakfast.  I drank multiple cups of water.  I think most times we are thirsty when we think we are hungry.  Water was what I needed so I am thankful I made the effort to find and drink many cups.

It was very hot in the greenhouse.  I feel baked--- I know there is another meaning for that term but in my case--it just means I spent hours in the windless corner of a glass house in full sun.

I've had my shower and moisturized my face.  Now I am going to sit on the couch.  Forever.

No comments: