Wednesday, May 09, 2018

Dreaming In French


A small neighborhood cafe.  Rough wood table.  Good strong coffee.  Something sort of sweet to nibble on while reading my current book. Something with currants or dry cherries.  All the time in the world to sit there. Pffff.

Work today.  Special Projects Only.  22 ten inch flat containers.  One geranium each.  One herb each. One green "filler" each.  No soil ready--had to mix soil twice (take it from dry to moist).  Then the Hawthorn School planter. Large. That was fun.  Plus two regular customer re-pots because I was walking past the cash register and didn't want to say no--and have the new hires thinking I was some kind of bad tempered person.

I am filthy.  Covered in dirt dust.  Was overheard discussing whether the moist soil smelled like cat piss or person piss.  The customer asked if I knew the difference.  I said "yes, I do".  Wondering what I smell like.

I'm hitting the shower and plan on emptying the hot water tank.

No comments: