Saturday, May 05, 2018

New, Fresh Day


Kandinsky.  A postcard I found while cleaning out a drawer.  Loved it then.  Love it now.  Perhaps where I got the ideas for my circles painted on fabric?  Need  to use brighter paint!!!

Windows open wide in the bedroom wing of the house (hall door closed).  Out with Winter air and in with Spring air---finally.  I was a bit late (week) in turning (actually rotating) the new mattress.  And new sheets. And washing the windows (the new ones open into the house so I can wash them from inside not out on a ladder).  I have a huge pile of laundry to do as well.  We were in the garage and out weeding yesterday.

Cinco de Mayo.  Tacos or Nachos????  Fajitas?

I'll be going into work Wednesday and Saturday (Mother's Day Weekend).  18 mixed planters on Wednesday.  I think I've made them up for the medical group for 5 years now.  One herb, one houseplant, one flowering plant, one trailing plant.  The Flowering plant sets the pace for the others.  Geranium usually.  But one of many color choices which then 'inform" the choices for the other items.  They always look wonderful and then we deliver them to the offices.   I agreed to "special needs" call backs and this is the first.   The Saturday before Mother's Day will be lots of long distance ordering on the phone.  Mostly sons. Like the Shoemaker's Children--I have never gotten a Mother's Day floral gift.  I get a lovely phone call visit from my son.  We talk and catch up and he always remembers and we talk as long as I want.

So, now that breakfast and the blog are done--I'll get to the laundry while G and the dog are on their morning walk.  Riley has been coming back soaking wet.  Finding deep water along the path in the woods and wading in. He chased a deer yesterday so is anxious to get going today.............

No comments: