Thursday, May 17, 2018

Being Artful - Random Thought


The memories evoked by the old journals--the old journeys.....takes me back to the attic--looking for other things that I may have set aside...forgotten....unfinished threads of ideas.

I found this scribble pasted to a page in one journal.  The Glue Stick I use is not permanent but I didn't know that going in.  I can gently lift one image off and use it in another place.  Like ideas gently lifted from pages, stories, blogs, other artists explorations (never the work itself but the process) and then sometimes only a fragment. A whisper.

The internet is at Times quite interesting.  I see something, make a note and days later more and more of the same comes into view.  Was it always there?  Did I conjure it by noticing?  Did I  awaken something that had lain dormant.  Waiting.  Or is there a link between us so strong that, unknowingly, we all converge on something at the same moment, thinking we are alone in the discovery?

No walk today.  The muscles I used in the garden beds yesterday-to plant parsley, celery and collard greens and move mint and wild violets to beds from paths--was more than my calf muscles were used to.  They protest.  I walk with care.  And G reports the mosquitos were very hungry.

More water and a banana for potassium.  I am finding my small pages of 1 inch squares--boring.  Something has gone wrong here as I was enjoying them.  Now I am not.  Time, I think, to move on.


1 comment:

Dakotah said...

Meaningful thoughts on the artist...and moving on...I often switch gears