Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Daily Notes0 December 17

                                        

Drawing with dictionary paper collage.  I love the look of pages of type pasted to paper or board. I began using newspaper years ago about the time Zentangles were the "big new thing".  I think that was just prior to or alongside adult coloring books.  The real Zentangles had too many rules for me. Not Zen at all. So I just made a shape and then filled in around and in it with designs in black ink and  newspaper type.  I am very rule conscious but don't actually follow too many of them.  Meaning I am fully aware of breaking rules or disregarding them.

I like this particular work.  I think I got it as "just right" as was possible at that point in Time.  There's nothing screaming "fix that, you idiot". My work tends to scream at me.  Very rarely does it whisper -"ah, perfect".  I can't see where I would add or subtract in this one.  Perhaps you do?

Mail last night- ours is delivered after dark.  We have no idea when it actually arrives.  But G went out to check and found we had gotten Christmas Mail.  One bill and cards, a Christmas letter from my brother (with photos) and a Christmas package from Deb. My brother and his wife visited Normandy, traveled in France, Colorado and some other places. There was even a donkey race.  I received a Solstice card from my walking buddy. Deb sent some of her lovely thread and cloth.  And this morning a Christmas letter with family photos (like my brother's) but with different people and places from the neighbor across the street.   I think that's about all the mail there will be.  I already got a card from my dentist.

I do have an envelope to mail to Grace so will go to the post office and I want to buy some paper white bulbs to start on Solstice.  Some additions to Grace's kit for small booklet making in January.  I had meant to look at paper tape at the art store but in all my travels didn't see any.  My computer doesn't like the way the word is spelled and keeps correcting it to "washing tape".

5 comments:

Chris said...

I like that pomegranate very much. Sometimes it's hard to know where to stop on a piece of art. This works!
Merry Christmas!

Paula, the quilter said...

If it was a donkey race in Colorado it was probable the 71st Annual Leadville Boom Days Pack Burro Race. It is really hilarious to watch! Merry Christmas Joanne!

Susan Sawatzky said...

I love this one and think it is very much perfect!

Deb Lacativa said...

I forgot to mention that I got your card before any others and you have the most beautiful handwriting. I sat down and tried to do as well with some random thoughts and got a cramp in my hand in no time. Out of practice.

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

This is FINE! VERY