Thursday, December 05, 2019

Daily Notes- December 5th

                                     

The wool scraps bundle.  I like things tied with string.  Some of my favorite things.

We went out together this morning.  I had a hair cut appointment.  And then we stopped at the greenhouse to pick up a small evergreen wreath for the Goddess on the front porch.  The wreath smells wonderful.  I added two picks of assorted fruit and two feathers.  One crow and one wild turkey.  Abundance.

The sun is shining and it's not as cold.  But not warm enough to melt the snow.

G has a physical therapy appointment in an hour and he'll be gone awhile so I need to find something interesting to do while he is gone. Right now he is sorting and rolling two large jars full of coins.  I have two books to read but my eyes feel tired.  I don't want to watch the news or impeachment.  He's going to get away with everything.  Moscow Mitch will do what he does best- not bring the issue to a vote in the Senate and the Supreme Court with uphold.  I can't write what I wish would happen.  I'd get arrested?  But it would be perfect.

Christmas Movies are getting on my nerves- too perfect.  A few on Lifetime are so "not wholesome" as to be enjoyable.  The Mayor on one gave the Christmas Pageant director a motel key- so she and he could be "friendly" without her husband or his wife knowing.  Actors were the regular Hallmark ones which is why it is so amusing (to me).

All the Thanksgiving foods have been eaten.  The last of the Candy Birthday Cake was eaten by G last night.  I made G a big pot of Chicken Soup yesterday and he was really happy.  I made myself carrot sticks in the hopes that I had chickpeas in the pantry to make hummus.  I did not.  So I finished off the last five baked pretzels in the bag and then was pretty sad about the lack of hummus.

And that's it for today.  I bought an empty squirt bottle and plan to fill it with rubbing alcohol to spray on two of my indoor plants that have fuzzy white mealy bugs.  I already wrote a note and stuck it on the plant.  No watering.  It just increases the amount of mealy bugs.  So, dry soil and alcohol. I am also going to spray insecticidal soap on the citrus tree.  It has little webs.  And the leaves are getting little brown specks on them before turning yellow.  Spider mites I think.  Hope it works.


No comments: