Wednesday, December 04, 2019

Daily Notes- December 4

                                        

My stack of Wool.  I am thinking quite seriously of making a few wool cats this week.  This wool was originally used to make primitive (simple stylistic Primitive) wool pillow covers.  I appliquéd wool flowers onto the wool backgrounds.  There are two of them somewhere in the house.  Now that I think of it- I haven't seen them in quite a while. One used to cover the back of the chair I am sitting in right now.

But the extra unused wool was easy to find in the attic.  It had it's very own tub.

I also sorted out a few drawers in the guest room that contain little bits of projects.  Some from the years at the Library.  We had a tradition of a Christmas ornament making party after work.  Each employee would bring an ornament and all the supplies and we would each make that ornament. We'd go home with a handful of sweet little things for our trees.  I loved that about working at the library.

I was looking for pipe cleaners. To make tails and arms for the cats.  I found green ones and quite a bit of ribbon on spools.  I enjoyed wrapping gifts in plain  brown paper and then a very "splashy" ribbon and bow.  Years ago.  Something happened and I stopped doing even that.  I think it was when friends died.  The friends who got those gifts with splashy ribbon bows. They have been gone so many years now and their leaving still brings fresh tears.

We are going out of the house today.  I have a Library book to return and some things to buy at the grocery.  I might find a nice evergreen wreath for the Goddess on the porch.  She hasn't gotten a fresh wreath in ....two winters?

Those icicle lights- I was reminded of just how "bright" they are--  Rudolph is blindingly bright out in the front in the snow at night.  Can't miss him.  And his red nose is quite ... Bright.  And probably using lots of electricity.

I have only one more meal of Thanksgiving vegetable side dishes (six) left to eat.  Very delicious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, look at those gorgeous wools!
Annie