Saturday, August 01, 2020

Daily Notes- August 1st



I had thought about sending this out to the neighbors on my street with an added line--
Bring your own chair.  And mask.  And your own beverages. And snacks.
Nothing can be shared.

Today was a day to get things done.  I get like that after a few days or weeks of doing nothing.
I emptied the fridge of all things expired.  Mainly purchased in March and April.
So, the get things done was more like months overdue.

I watered the fenced garden for over an hour after breakfast.
Watered the tomatoes and have the sprinklers on the Peaches as I type.
Yesterday we mowed the lawn.  And then took long showers.
The yard looks lovely.

I could do laundry but why not save it for tomorrow??
I ruined the cherry pit cloth by adding too many things to it- Setacolor for one.
Now it isn't a good choice for the squares borders.
Obviously I need to read the Setacolor instructions.  Add water. More water.

In the fridge cleanout I found the last remaining Noosa yogurt.  lemon.
I don't like lemon.  So I scooped out everything BUT the lemon sauce 
and topped the yogurt with a slice of the strawberry rhubarb pie- another disappointment-
the rhubarb in the pie is still crunchy.  Like seriously uncooked.
And the pie crust is underwhelmingly bland and overbaked.
How did that happen?

I put drops in my eyes.  Argued with husband.
He likes to order meds online and I do it with the phone.  No password needed.
He had forgotten the password, changed it, forgotten that one.
I ordered on the phone. Pharmacy will call his doctor.
He had just been to see his doctor and I wonder why they didn't see he needed a new script.
He couldn't find label- I said because it's pasted to wall by the phone.
Am I doing this wrong?  This taking care of things?
I felt like pounding my forehead on the wall.

2 comments:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Your husband is lucky he has you.

DianeN said...

You aren't doing things wrong. Not at all. This is just how it goes. Sending a virtual hug.