Sunday, August 02, 2020

Daily Notes- August 2nd



Following yesterday's post on the fridge cleanup.
Not my drawer but a drawer is a drawer.
The spoons on the right remind me of the ones I got from my grandmother and from Goodwill.
The little wooden thing for honey.
I might have owned one once but graduated to a squeeze bottle.....

Today is cloudy so far.  But bright.
I have already gone out to water the tomatoes and the potted annuals.
The marigolds I seed started in my little milk bottle greenhouse are so very TALL.
The tomato plants are wide and wild.
So many leaves. 
Under them I find green tomatoes growing.  We'll see what comes of it.
My fig tree is producing figs which may never mature and ripen
but I water...give lots and lots of water.
The Basil container is full and fragrant.
The Tall Rosemary plant is also very happy this year.
The stub of the Citrus- Lime has sent out new leaves.

Even when you think all is lost and never to recover-
somehow things keep growing.

The book I was reading was very good until the end.  
Then things started happening too fast, making no sense and I was disappointed.
It was like the author had a deadline- and just fleshed out the outline of how things should go.
She needed another 50 to 100 pages to get to the ending we all wanted.
I don't want to ruin the good parts for any of you so will not go into details.
But I don't know why she didn't write it the way she intended???

1 comment:

Kim Carney said...

funny, I have a couple of those pieces in MY drawer. The slotted pie server? and that fancy spoon!