Saturday, August 15, 2020

Daily Notes- August 15th

 

Daughter is reading the blog posts thesis days and noticed Muffy and found a small picnic basket for Muffy at Goodwill.  I can paint the red stripe on the basket (Longaberger) and try and find a square piece of something to make the little red knob on the top.  Behind the basket is Jane Austen's last unfinished book- but "finished" by an unknown author. Sanditon.  Daughter says I won't be disappointed. I was with the PBS rendition.

I have four farm stand cucumbers and will be making a new jar of refrigerator pickles today if I can harvest enough dill from the herb garden.  Too hot to be canning zucchini pickles.  I have done it in August before but--I am not doing it this week.  And in other years my garden was producing tons of squash.  This year?  ZERO.  Plants are not even making leaves and I gave them organic super compost.  So be it.  The very healthy looking cucumber plants- flowering and everything- not making any cucumbers.

We are cloudy with zero chances of rain today.  Maine is in a drought.  No rain in our Futures.

My husband used my computer yesterday to try and download music to his iPhone.  Things are not as they should be on the screen.  I voiced my strident objections to him doing whatever he was trying to do.  He didn't care.  I might have to ask my primary care doctor for tranquilizers.  She will more likely send me to therapy sessions.   

Daughter also found me a 100% copper bowl and I am very very excited to try a few cloth coloring experiments when the Sun returns.  I will collect rainwater if it rains- otherwise I will use regular water.

No comments: