Monday, August 17, 2020

Daily Notes- August 17th


We're going to do this again.  Blogger wants to.  Possibly my fault.
These are the peaches I found on the ground this morning when I went out to start the watering hose on the Peach Trees.  I gave them a good wash and picked off the unidentifiable  brown stuff on them.
Looked like tree bark.  I hope.

I made Sunday Pizza last night and we ate it while watching Endeavour on PBS.
And I forgot today was Monday and grocery day.  I slept late and then took a shower and used the special Shower Facial Cream and then used the secondary wand to rinse the shower walls etc etc. 
I even used conditioner on  my hair. Which is now limp and silky.

I'm drinking my morning coffee cold these days.

But the grocery wasn't bad.  There was a loud woman without a mask going on about her "rights". 
I don't think the grocery was selling much in that aisle - the liquor aisle- during her speech.
I hurried past on my way to the dairy section.  I needed milk, Oui yogurt and cream. 
I have two large boxes of liquor at home.

Husband mowed the lawn.  If it can be called a lawn in drought conditions. I do not water grass.
I did the heavy green part over the septic tank.  Very green.  Husband was catching his breath. 
I considered having an ice cold gin and tonic.  
I cut the grass in perfectly straight lines.  I hate doing it that way.  I like cutting designs.
But husband complimented me on my straight lines. So boring.

Not sure what I will be doing today- perhaps nothing.  It's August.
In August I miss the sound of the freight trains on steamy Georgia nights in Austell.
In August I miss Georgia.  Peaches, fried squash, Fat red tomatoes, Sweet sweet corn.
Thank Goodness for the Georgia based books.

I ate three Snow White large cherry tomatoes while I watered the boxes yesterday afternoon.
They aren't really white.  More of a creamy pale yellow.  But they are wonderful.
Husband thinks the plants aren't getting enough Sun but I think it's heat that causes them to ripen.
We'll see who is right in the next week or so.
The BumbleBee cherry tomatoes are in the Sun.

3 comments:

Lyn said...

Nice looking peaches . Muffy's adorable and she has more going on than I do at the moment.

Liz A said...

I laughed out loud as I read about your trip to the grocery, even as I shook my head over the sheer ignorance of those who don't understand that their "rights" end where other people's rights begin

Deb Lacativa said...

Here in GA it was every third person in public barefaced and bitching. It's getting a little better. The store I go to requires masks and the regulars are fine with it. We are still awash in cases and it will only get worse as the colleges reopen. Our weather has been normal compared to the NE. Hot, 90ish, humid with thunderstorms that don't linger. Today was a real peach.