Thursday, August 13, 2020

Daily Notes- August 13th

 

I did go up into the Attic (the Craft Attic) and found Muffy in her Longaberger Basket just where she is supposed to be.   I sorted thru her wardrobe and selected this dress- it had a Garden vibe.  I love the knitted sweater and little shoes.  Muffy has a pocket but nothing in it as yet.  This particular outfit (vintage) runs about $30 on Amazon.  I never did buy Muffy a bathing suit but she does own a very nice white cotton sailor style dress she might be wearing tomorrow or a tiny little sunsuit.  We'll see.  What is missing is her black velveteen party dress and little black shiny dress shoes.  I always had her wear that for Christmas.

There was another doll- Hoppy- a rabbit with long ears.  I was never interested in him.  Husband gave me Muffy on Valentine's Day a few years after we moved back from Germany.

I am watering the Peaches as I type-  Just turned on the hose and sprinklers.  I've already watered the tomatoes, annual containers and the Fig Tree on the back porch.

Someone on the Sports page was writing about college football and how having a Season was a really bad idea. Trump wanted it.  But college football is $$$$ 's and that was all that interested a certain person.  Not the packed stadiums and the chances of a huge outbreak of Covid 19.  The gist of the article- March 11 when this started and August 11 when the talk began about college football- nothing has changed.  Covid 19 is just as it was in March.  To think we have moved closer to ending it- is just fanciful thinking.

We might get to see our daughter- 6 to 10 feet apart next week....unless someone else she has contact with tests positive.  And it's not close contact.  Just someone she might have stood 6 feet away from. Guess I should put her birthday card in her mailbox?

My neighbor across the street is having the landscaper come over to tweek the yard and lawn every few days.  Her daughter is having a wedding this weekend (she and groom originate in New York City).  Husband  and I will certainly not be in the front yard until everyone is gone- and even then- NOT. Insanity.  My friend's company (the chairs) is from Columbia (the country) and Boston.  (???????)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

aww, Muffy is so sweet!

Annie

DianeN said...

I think Muffy needs a hankie in her pocket.