Sunday, August 23, 2020

Daily Notes August 23


Muffy is wearing her Paris outfit for the first time I think.  She isn't wearing the black high heels. I could not squeeze her feet into them and gave up trying.  And who wears black heels on a boating trip?  I did manage to get her hat (beret) to stay on her head.  I even did a little sand and sea backdrop.  And there is the sweet little boat my daughter found at Goodwill.  Perfect color co-ordination. I could have cut a Sun out of yellow fabric!

We are having a mild Summer day.  74 degrees.  Sunshine and clouds.  Yesterday some rain. My eyes are very dry (the AC units remove moisture from the house) and I used my special drops before I could read the morning newspaper.  

August 3rd wedding COVID cases now up to 53.  More of the "contact tracing" people who didn't attend wedding but came in contact with guests in the days and weeks after the event. The Gift that keeps on Giving.

I had picked basil leaves (and flowers) to make a non- garlic pesto yesterday.  Using toasted walnuts instead of pine nuts.  But I didn't.  Perhaps today???  I did make zucchini fritters instead of the zucchini pizza.  A bit too greasy from the frying but......I used to like them very much.  Too squishy.  Maybe I added breadcrumbs?  Today it's going to be white bread, thick sliced tomato and mayo. Eaten leaning over the sink as it gets very messy.

Hissy Fit by Andrews.  This one-- bride catches groom and maid of honor doing the deed at wedding rehearsal dinner--and has a very explosive hissy fit.  Cancelling the wedding.  Red haired guy in a vintage yellow Cadillac drives her home.  She decorates and finds furniture etc for an old southern mansion that wasn't burned to the ground in the Civil War. Which the red haired man has bought for a woman he hopes will marry him. Lots of shopping.

There is another book- set in Savannah where florist lives above the shop.  I am wondering who the author of that book is.  Would be great to read it after Hissy Fit.  I have to wait for the rest of the Andrews books to arrive as they are coming from other libraries.  I may order more today.  Some of the newer ones I haven't read even once.  Today I might sew.  Strips to squares.  Later we have PBS and Endeavor.  Inspector Morse. No Great Baking Show before Masterpiece and that makes me very very sad. I may need to buy Prime.  I think they have the Baking Show in their lineup and other PBS shows.  

I may need to make a book of books I read- title/author/story.  So I can find them again and read them again.  I think I will begin that project today with the Andrews books.  Also, for Readers who like a gritty modern murder mystery book with zero romance.  Luna- The Two Janes. And the book that follows it- I cannot recall the title.  Both have unpleasant story lines but great character development.  Would make excellent movies. I may have recommended the books prior to COVID.

1 comment:

Joanne S said...

The florist living over the shop= another Andrews book- Save the Date- need to order it.
Pruned the plum tree very hard. Managed to harvest a dozen or two of good plums. then rest mummified by disease.