Thursday, August 20, 2020

Daily Notes- August 20

 

The Seed Packet for the Artisan Bumble Bee Blend.  As you can see- I have one ripe tomato and it matches the picture of the Sunrise yellow tomato.  I am looking forward to the dark red ones-  the only name they have is "purple".  But I think that was the color of the seed.  I have tasted this cherry tomato as yet so have no idea what they are like. I started the seeds late-- April 20th.

There was another ripe Cherokee Purple but the chipmunks ate the bottom out of it.

We ordered Chinese take away yesterday for late lunch.  I got vegetable Lo Mein but wished there had been way more vegetables.  My crisper drawer is quite empty.  I could add onions and frozen peas.  I might give the freezer a closer look- I may have purchased a "vegetable medley" at some point in Time. I do have a red bell pepper.  That might be all I need. Quick stir fry of pepper strips and onion and mix it all together with the left over portion of Lo Mein and I have a delicious lunch.

Husband is trying to re-purpose the old front door (glass and screen) onto the doorway of his work shop as he wants the screen part for Summer ventilation.. I mentioned the front door we inherited when we bought this house was not a regular size and that the door he is trying to use was custom cut to fit only that one particular doorway.  Not the one on his shop.  That advice went in one ear and out the other.

My Library Friend came over and we sat on the front porch, six feet apart, with masks.  Had a lovely long conversation.  She picked peaches before she left.  I gave her a bag and a twist tie.  They will need a day or two in the plastic bag to get soft and sweet.  The tree that only made ONE very large peach last summer is covered in many many small red peaches.  One tree is early and one is mid-season.  The red peaches are mid-season which could mean they need another few weeks.  September Peaches.

I need to order more books.  I have only two left to read in my stack.  And I need to move a ball of frozen Portland Pie pizza dough from the freezer to the fridge.  Sunday Pizza is back in the rotation.  And I forgot to buy a jar of salsa.  I think nachos is also wanting to be back in rotation.  Martha Stewart sent recipes from her mother's recipe files- look like some fresh stuffed dumplings in the Polish tradition....Summer Dumplings???  That would be lovely.  I love dumplings.  Truly and Deeply.  

And, of course, now I have heavy cream so I can make the peanut butter pie (which is not actually a pie) just a mix of things you can scoop and eat. Perfect!!!!

No comments: