Wednesday, August 12, 2020

Daily Notes- August 12th

 

The Chairs are back.   My friend Patty brought them back yesterday along with two organic apples and some walnut cranberry bread which she says "toasts up lovely".  Husband and I will attach the seats to chair frames.  Husband convinced Patty that her Time prior to a visit from family- was better spent getting ready for visit and not sanding and painting chairs in a hot barn.  I think I might have convinced her that Shabby Chic was a real "thing" with these chairs.  Doesn't the fabric look amazing with the chair's chipped paint?

Deb made a comment on yesterday's blog that I might find a little green man hiding in the tomato leaves and start making little clothes for him.  She is really "too close" to the real me. Not fiction, at all.

The books about little people I read when I was a child.......well, I still have tiny things, little beds etc. (with bedding and quilts) in case I ever find a tiny green man in the tomato leaves.  I have been thinking of bringing Muffy the Bear down from the Craft Attic.  Muffy has a full wardrobe of tiny clothing, shoes and socks etc. (she's not even 6 inches tall).  Even tiny furniture.  I used to dress and arrange a little scene with Muffy on one of the side tables in the living room.  Different every month.  Special for the holidays.

But today it was only a yellow green grasshopper- I am thinking it's the very same one who got himself tangled inside my shirt.  He was in the French watering can and as I filled it with water from the hose he floated to the top.  Then I noticed he was moving his legs so I fished him out and set him on the driveway. Took him a few moments to decide he wasn't still drowning.  Then he set himself upright, shook himself and hopped off into the tomatoes.  He'd look lovely in a pink satin waistcoat with sparkly jewel buttons. I could use all those seed beads you sent me Deb to make that tiny grasshopper a valise.

And I was worried I would be bored today!!

No comments: