Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Daily Notes- August 11

 

Metal Dogs.   From when I used to go to Antique Sales and buy things.  I think this one is not as valuable because of his nose?  But I love him.  Her.  Came with the string around it's neck- had a price tag. Has been in attendance in the living room bookcases all this time- Bigger than a shoebox.  Heavy.

I have already watered the Annual Containers, the Peaches, the Tomatoes, The Fig Tree but not the back raised bed garden yet.  I decided to sit here and read blog posts and...well, be connected to People.  It gets lonely.  Being Safe.

My Johanna Lindsey book is A Rogue of My Own.  Rupert.  Shoulder length black hair.  Wears satin jackets in vibrant colors like pink with jeweled buttons. 1880's. Victoria has just had her second child. He is a spy.  In book one and three, Rupert is vaguely mentioned- just a cousin who is quite outrageous.  But now I am going back and reading book three again.  I am nearing the end of book two and they are still not together.  This book is hard to find- daughter has been searching  book shops all summer. Finally I got it from library.  He is angry and yelling and she is puking.  Not at all romantic.  I think in other books, I assumed he liked men. In the Satin Jackets etc.

It is going to up into the 90's today and tomorrow here in Maine.  Very still as well.  No breezes off the ocean.  I won't be going outdoors.  Would not be advisable.

1 comment:

Deb Lacativa said...

I keep waiting for you to slip in the fact that a tiny green person has taken up residence behind one of the containers. He sleeps by day, wakes when you bring water. He's learning to smile. You'll start teaching him ASL and making tiny clothes for him from scraps. Fiction is fun.