Thursday, August 06, 2020

Daily Notes- August 6th

                                 

Well things here on Blogger are deteriorating at a very fast clip.  I am considering, seriously, calling my son and finding out how to personally contact Blogger and give them a good talking to about the shit that is icons that have nothing to do with anything resembling coherent thought.  Logical thought.

The fallback color for type today is BLUE.  And underlining is also seriously supported. 

I got my haircut today and had to wait in the car for almost 40 minutes.  The person ahead of me must have been late or had wanted something other than what was in the appointment book. After my haircut- which is styled to be way way poofier than I would ever wear it........ is also sticky with hair dresser paste.
I will most certainly wash my hair before going to bed tonight. And see what the cut actually looks like. I have a feeling it will be too long.

After the hair cutting experience- I stopped at Goodwill. Which is just a few minutes away.   Found two pairs of pants.  There were more but I liked these two best.  Cranberry red corduroy pants from LLBean.  For Winter.  And a lovely pair of above the ankle lime green linen pants that will be in constant rotation in August for sure.  I can see in the picture they used to have a tie at the waist.  That part is missing.  And I would have removed it as well. No pockets but that's okay.  I usually only have a hankie. I can make an inside pocket for the hankie.

It's hot today.  Sunshine.  I watered a few things.  There is absolutely nothing happening with the zucchini
out in the raised beds.  I should just pull the plants out and compost them.  The cucumber plants are making deformed fruit.  It's either uneven pollination- but quite a number of bees- or the heat.  And I am hearing from quite a few good gardening people- also having poor germination.  And ONLY male flowers. That's also the case with my plants.  I have actually heard of this in other years but usually it's more male than female.  Not ONLY male and no female.  So, other than watering the grapes- nothing else is getting watered.  Waste of water in my opinion.

I warned husband away from the collapsed tomato boxes.  He always has "ideas" and tries them and then is defensive about making things worse.  The plants that have collapsed onto the driveway are heavy with green tomatoes.  Any movement and I will lose what ever tomatoes I might have later in the month.

I said don't touch and found him outside doing exactly that.  Obviously his brain hears no and tells him yes. I told him the only thing that will come from his meddling is me crying.  He doesn't like that. He went into the house.  I had to use my rescue inhaler.  Most of August is indoor time for me.

My little BMW roadster is living in Mississippi now- and I worry about the woman who owns her.  That state is now the epicenter of a very dangerous situation.  No hospital beds.  Where is the military and those pop up hospitals??????

No comments: