Monday, August 10, 2020

Daily Notes- August 10th

 

Something happened.  Blogger must have gotten my unhappy vibes.  Picture inserted in correct place, black letters, no blue underlining.  Need to go get a lottery ticket.  Or some DQ ice cream.

Deborah- the one who got me to start this blog- wants this Crow Quilt on the wall- holes in the new paint be damned.  And so it is going up.  Push pins to hold it.  I should have something I love to look at while I wait for the rescue inhaler to do it's work.   

Grocery was good today.  The Deli guy taking my order reminded me of my husband.  "only tell me one thing at a time"  No please after that.  So.  Baked ham.  Wait.  Half pound. Wait.  Sliced very thin. Wait. Honey turkey.  Wait  Half pound. Wait  Sliced thin. Wait.  Then we did cheese. While I waited I noticed women in skin tight yoga pants all around me- no underwear.  From other States.  

Maine women don't wear skin tight anything.  Maine women have large ........... robust.........clothing. ahem.

So I just finished another book.  That's two I got from the library.  One I vaguely remembered reading but not enough that the ending wasn't a total surprise.  So that was nice.  The other was brand new to me and I loved it.  Romantic hostage taking and rough camping.  In the 1880's.  Woman had a bustle and a parasol. Good Stuff.  I like books that make me laugh out loud.  I also like books that make me cry.  Did both.

Watered everything.  Tomatoes- still green.   Peaches- picking up a bit of size and color.  Figs- they are in that moment in Fig Time when they need to stay put and ripen or fall off the tree.  They need to decide.

Bought more Sweet Corn- 4 for a dollar. Two more Farm Stand Tomatoes.  One of them yellow- the one I bought a few weeks ago was surprisingly sweet soI got another.  My friend from Boston has been eating her tomatoes.  The plants I gave her.  Her soil is better and she has an aquifer under her land over in Harpswell.  She called to ask if I wanted fresh out of the chicken eggs.  I hesitated. But she is bringing some when she brings the chairs back so husband can attach the seats to the chair frames. Company coming all the way from Columbia.

That's about all for today.  Watering. The Monday Grocery Shopping.  Reading. I had to pack up all the 1.5 inch square pieces in order to eat dinner one day.  They are still packed up.  I should spread them out again here on the ottoman where I read.  Stitch a few together.  Cloudy- looks like it might rain.  Which would be nice.   Hope each of you who come here to read this quite ordinary blog- have a lovely day. Stay safe.......

1 comment:

Liz A said...

I packed up my collage materials when the family came to town ... haven't gotten it all back out again ... yet