Saturday, August 08, 2020

Daily Notes- August 8th

                                Seed starting has begun.  With marigolds I grew from saved seed this Spring.  The ones here are very tall and are making the containers look just so amazing.  I have to write down where I collected them and what containers they were in so next year I can attempt to repeat my successes.

I also saved some of the French Metro something Reds.  I love them and they are no longer available from the seed company I like.  The Tomato cages are still holding the big heavy tomatoes up.  I watered and then needed to use my rescue inhaler again.  Humidity really uses up so much oxygen and energy.  I feel very tired now.  I need to find some sort of beverage to drink on a regular basis.-- some Minute Maid lemonade.  I wish there was World Cup Soccer to watch every afternoon.  Riley and I liked doing that. 

Now I feel better.  Daughter says another week before we can see each other.  Just to be safe.  Everyone has tested negative except for the original Covid positive test for the sister of daughter's employer.  We are being super safe.

Two Curbside Pickups of library books. Yesterday books for husband and today for me.  Book three in the Western story line.  The Gun For Hire is now Sheriff in the small Montana Town where this all began. So I am sure he'll have some small part in the story line of the third book.  Will he still wear the black suits and soft white linen shirts???? Long time Readers know I adore white linen anything.  My husband refuses to wear linen.  More for me.

I cooked yesterday evening.  I had two cans of cherry tomatoes so I made pasta sauce and pasta and had a glass of wine -- husband was asleep.  He wouldn't eat it anyway.  I never use garlic in the food for myself.
He loves garlic.  Ugh.  It makes people stink. I also had a glass of red wine.  

Neighbor across the street has visiting  out of state relatives.  Her older sister and husband.  I know she is happy to see them -the relatives are in their 80's.  A bit dangerous to visit but.........they are wearing masks and will most likely visit on the back deck. 

Well, my lemonade glass is empty and I think I will sit awhile on the couch and read.  Find out how Morgan is going to get along with the London viper he meets while panning for GOLD.




 

1 comment:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Have been making Hummus...is very garlicky. I for sure stink.