Thursday, August 27, 2020

Daily Notes- August 27th


 Muffy has a new tee shirt- homemade and a bit weird around the neck but I can try again- I got one side right.  She does have on blue underpants.  You can't see them- but she insisted on pants of some sort.  And she actually has no pants in her wardrobe.  But I will take another look. One outfit has to have pants right? Because it would be nice to have a pattern to trace.  Muffy thinks she needs an apron.  With pockets. That should be difficult to make if it's the bib sort Muffy thinks would look cute on herself.

Notice the watering can and gardening tools.  I bought this set years ago but just because I like small things. I will have to see if there are gardening clothes in the basket.  And I am reminded of a chef outfit. that would have pants.

The bundle of cloth and red onion skins in the copper bowl is looking murky and green.  The instructions I scribbled in my Eco Dye book said I would get green (which I want) and right now- I have green.  In the dry and wash out sometimes it all gets lost.  There was also something about false indigo leaves.  I have false indigo plants and they have leaves so that will be the next bundle of cloth in the copper bowl.  I think it would help to have sunshine.  But we are having cloudy days (lights on in the house during the day).  The copper bowl is full of rain water and a splash of vinegar.  I'll let you know what color I get from the false indigo.  And I have also collected fresh acorns.  I would like to get some really black cloth with marks.

Still  reading Ladies Night.  Law and Order got my attention with two "new to me" episodes. So I had to pay attention.  Daughter brought me a new Andrews book published in 2019- Sunset Beach.  I haven't read it-ever.  So this is exciting- unless I find out I have read it. There is a 2020 book- Hello Summer.

My eyes are dry and sticky.  I need to put my drops in.  I also need to go pick up my inhaler prescription. I think I am in the "donut hole" and will be paying a substantial amount today.  Medicare is lovely but it doesn't actually cover much when One has Asthma. I am going to wear long sleeves to grocery as it will be frosty inside.  Till tomorrow- be kind, be gentle (with yourself) and be safe okay?

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

I've had Hello Summer on hold from the KY online library for weeks. Three more weeks to go, unless someone is a fast reader.