Wednesday, August 26, 2020

Daily Notes- August 25 & 26


 OMG.......I forgot to post yesterday.  Let me just think about that.  After I read Deb's email asking if I was okay- I went to the blog to see...and I had NOT posted.  I had NOT taken a picture.  Nada.

Well, I did take a picture yesterday for today.  Muffy's pocket says "What's Hoppening?"  Got that right.

And that's the thing....not much was happening.  I was getting ready for a friend to visit and sent emails back and forth (but we cancelled at 4 pm when a huge storm came thru).  I did have a tomato sandwich for lunch.  I did pick peaches.  I forgot to eat supper and right now I am starving.  I did sew a few strips to one of my squares, watched Law and Order, watered the Peaches, read my book etc etc.  I guess when the time period for blog entry had passed......I forgot.

Before going to bed last night, I decided that I might make Muffy some clothes like mine.  A white camp shirt and some pants.  The little red and white tee shirt she had on last time- easy enough to make a couple tees for her as well.  And I was thinking- why not put all her shoes in one box???

And Muffy needs furniture.  I have the chair but she needs a table.  And she needs a bed. Which means she will need a quilt, sheets and pillows.  Well, I have my work for the next little while set out for me. I have never built furniture before.  With small things I would guess glue will be the way to go and not tiny nails. Any advice will be welcomed.

August is nearly gone.  September.  My birthday month.  Seventy Four.  Inside I feel like I have always felt. No different.  No older.  It's the outside that looks different. And, suddenly, my hair is getting curly again.  Going crazy.  I look in the mirror and it's just not like it's supposed to be.  Getting old is strange. We only get old on the outside.  The inside is still young.

I am reading Ladies Night.  Five women and one guy- getting divorced and screwed at the same Time. Screwed by the judge handling the divorce.  They meet each week for anger management sessions and then adjourn to a dive bar and become friends.  Friends who help each other. And the lead character has lost everything in her divorce- even her blog.  And she starts over- no designer clothes- stuff from a charity shop.  And she is redoing an old Florida Cracker Cottage.  With very little money.  I am hoping her Taco Casserole recipe is at the end of the book.  There is usually a recipe on the last page.

I am fine.  I just forgot to write yesterday.

No comments: