Saturday, August 29, 2020

Daily Notes- August 29


 Tomato Season.  And The BLT.   It would be better if it wasn't 60 degrees and dark, cold  outside with rain falling.  I have bacon to fry and English Toasting Bread. And my grocery carries Romaine Lettuce Flats. Flat leaves of Romaine perfect for a sandwich (who knew?).  And I always make sure I have mayo.

I had to dig into the closet this morning for warmer pants and a tee AND a long sleeved shirt.  I actually was considering a sweater.  Some socks.  I made oatmeal for breakfast.  Hot cereal instead of cold.

My tomato plants got hit by some cold also- many many leaves were brown and wilted.  The tomatoes are still on the vines.  Really big tomatoes.  At the first blush of color, I'll bring them into the vestibule to ripen slowly.  It's 62 inside.  Some animals are picking and eating my peaches. 

I delivered peaches to three households this week.  They are all very happy.  I had my usual peach, raspberries and vanilla yogurt lunch yesterday.  I found a new French yogurt in the store- in a blue ceramic jar.  I bought the lemon and the vanilla.  Just for the pretty jars.  My husband wants me to go back and get more because i looked so happy with the small blue jar.  Daughter said I should try the raspberry lemon biscuits.  Same grocery.  They were wonderful.  I will take a picture of the blue jar for tomorrow. Hopefully the light will be better.  I have all the lamps on.  It's that dark.  At 10am.

I didn't sew anything yesterday and I didn't read anything.  I had Law and Order on but didn't pay attention.  I didn't watch any news.  That Wedding reception hotel got it's license back.  I don't know why. Each of the colleges here in Maine- that opened- have COVID cases already.  The public school system opens soon......

No comments: