Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Daily Notes- December Twelfth


Since G said I can't have a tree this year--I might ask him to haul the blue trunk down from the attic.  It's full of nutcrackers.  They haven't had a Christmas in many many years and who knows what else is in that trunk?  Christmas Stockings?  The Nativity?  Germany "smokers"--little guys who, with the help of little cones of something that makes smoke with a match..... smoke little pipes. I haven't seen any of these things in many a Holiday.

I once knocked over a huge table display of nutcrackers while on a field trip in Germany.  I was asked to leave the shop. I did manage to buy some but don't remember if it was before or after the table incident.  They look just like the picture up top.  Mine date from the mid to late 1980's.  Vintage. And not made in China.  I got two of each size thinking one for my daughter when she had her own home and one for my son.  Neither adult child wants any of them.

I have made three felt Christmas Trees and one gold felt star.  I gave the star to my coffee friend.  All of the felt ornaments have a small very even blanket stitch around to hold the two felt pieces together.  I add a bit of stuffing.  Then I add some button ornaments.  I can make one tree from start to finish in the Time it takes to watch one hour of MSNBC.  It makes the news less TOXIC because I have to focus on the stitches.

I bought the very thin Swedish orange cookies our daughter used in the cookie dessert we enjoyed so much at Thanksgiving.  I plan to use some of the Cool Whip to make 6 jars and add some finely chopped dark chocolate to the layers.  My daughter also added tiny mandarin orange segments--canned-- to the dessert.  I'm sure they are important but I forgot to buy any.  I re-use the Bonne Madam jelly jars.  I love the little red checked lids.

So that is what is happening here on Wednesday the 12th of December.  We might go out for dinner tonight.  G loves going out to eat.  I may bribe him with dinner out to get the blue trunk brought down from the Attic.  Yes, that sounds reasonable.


1 comment:

DianeN said...

Crossing my fingers that the trunk made it down.