Sunday, December 30, 2018

Daily Notes- December 30


Sigh.  The day started with the lingering thoughts of a troubled dream.  I still have no idea what it was about.  Then into an argument with my husband about the radiator in his bathroom.  Which doesn't seem to be working. Seems to be my fault. But if he kept tinkering with...wouldn't be under warranty.

Now he has stormed off into the very cold morning with the dog.  For a walk that looks more like a stomping.  But the sun is shining. Last year at this time--would have been suicidal to go out into the single digits.

The green stuff in the bowl up top looks like what I should be making for myself.  Avocados were 99 cents each last week.  I didn't buy any.  I didn't buy kale either.  I am hardly interested in making any food.  I eat cereal or toast.  Or fruit.  Nothing cold.  Drink cups and cups of tea with sugar.  Nothing salty.  Time to search the freezer for another package of chicken thighs for another pot of soup. For G.  I am not even interested in soup.  For myself.

I think I might enjoy a pot of chili.

I will think about that.

I worked on another tea bag cloth.  Really worked on it stitch after stitch.  Hours. So many lengths of floss.  It's a disaster.  The spiral in the center does not work.  I wanted it to be--well, not everything one wants-works. I didn't stop to "look".

I sorted out all the baskets of cloth in the closet next to my sewing machine.  Looking for scissors.  I had four pair.  Now only one.  Found things, sorted things etc--but no scissors.  I also threw things away, ripped up work that was so awful I questioned why I continue to try. Saved some of the fabric in those works that was valuable to me.  Wanted to use again.

I have well and truly lost my way with cloth.

Good thing this year is nearly done.  Turn over a fresh leaf in 2019.  Empty the fridge.  Clean out the old projects.  Start fresh.  And not work things to Death.  Stop and examine.  As Grace often says "let the cloth speak".

And it's nearly Time to begin seeds in the milk jugs.  Possibilities.  And of course I have a table top loaded with plant materials for eco printing.  I haven't started because of holiday cooking and baking. But now--well, no reason not to get the pot up to temp and do some New Year's Eve steaming.

2 comments:

grace Forrest~Maestas said...

Steam in the new year...nice

DianeN said...

Hoping today is a better day and wishing you a happy, healthy new year.