Sunday, December 09, 2018

Daily Notes- December Ninth


I have always liked wrapping packages in brown paper.  And the additions here-- perfect.  A thin sliver of branch which could also be used as the name tag with some white ink.  The leaves are eucalyptus--an addition to most supermarket bouquets these days.

What's that song? " Brown paper packages wrapped up with string"   Some of my favorite things.

We are still in the cold zone here in Maine.  Sunshine but little warmth.  The snow on the ground--what's left of it, is hard as a rock and difficult to walk on-- for men and dogs.

Goodwill was busy this morning--I think the good stuff is mostly gone by the time we get there at 11am.  I did get a nice shirt, well, two.  One for now and one for summer.  And two packages of my favorite size index cards for one whole dollar and the package states the cards are "quality index cards". Faneuil.  Sounds like they might be French index cards--laughing.  I had hoped for a red stripe turtleneck or a pair of corduroy pants.  Goodwill used to have so many pairs of corduroy LLBean pants.  But now that I think I need another pair for the rotation--wearing the butt of the pants out these days--- not one pair--in any of the size categories. Curvy.

The train and the Gingerbread House are set up.  It's nice.....but not a tree.

I had a lovely chat with an older woman on the way into the grocery store after Goodwill.  I knew her from somewhere and I must have seemed familiar to her as well.  We drove our smaller sized carts into the store talking and laughing.  I say older--but who's kidding who here.  We may be the same age.  She was elegantly dressed.  And I enjoyed hearing her laugh.  I think she will be the subject of my Advent Thought today.

I am reading The Shadow Killer by Indridason.  Icelandic mystery.  It's set during WWII and has Nazi undertones.  I am more than halfway and will probably finish it this evening.

No comments: