Sunday, December 23, 2018

Daily Notes- December 23


Well tomorrow is a big day-- Pierogi Making.  Which takes up most of the day and creates untold amounts of dirty pots and pans and then there's all the flour on the floor.  But we love them.  And it's something we have made and eaten for the entirety of my life-- on Christmas Eve (well, I make enough for days and days if I plan well).

Last year I used the digital scale to weigh the flour and the pasta dough rolled out so smoothly--so I will be doing that again!!!  I begin with my daughter's cream cheese filled ones.  My son gave me a few tips from his pierogi last year--adding mushrooms.  But I didn't remember that until just this minute.  Do I go out and get mushrooms?  We just got home.

Goodwill.  The colors of the day were pink for one dollar and red for half off.  I got a lovely zip jacket, yoga pants, a black and white stripe turtleneck and a little 3" tall ceramic cottage for a total of $6.  It looks right at home with the other very tiny cottages.  I used them for a Fairy Garden that didn't survive.

Last night was a full moon so I took my Tarot cards out and shuffled them in the moon light.  I asked my question and just as I did a few cards slipped from the pack and fell onto the deck floor--the cards are still very new and slippery.  One to the right of the others.  I picked it up.  The Star, upright.  Hope, Faith, Purpose, Renewal and Courage.  Signals a welcome reprieve from turmoil (I did get the Tower card recently), a new sense of self and an open heart.  Entering a peaceful, loving phase of Life with calm energy.  Anything is possible.  Dream, aspire, reach for the Stars.   I will be happy with a fraction of this.

It was nice to see the full moon.  In the past few months-- I have not been able to see the Moon. Too cloudy or it's raining or snowing.  And no--I don't know anything about reading the cards.  I get a card and then go on line to see what a few sites say about that card.  Then get a very general feel for it.

I made my own pizza dough for the football game pizza.  I expect the Patriots to lose again.  This is what happens when you are just too cheap to keep good players.  They play on the other team and are only too happy (because you gave them away) to make you lose the game.  And Gordon lost the battle with substance abuse.  And Brady is just getting too old. And Grock moves like Frankenstein. If the Saints are playing I'll watch that game.

1 comment:

DianeN said...

Merry Christmas to you and yours, Joanne.