Sunday, December 16, 2018

Daily Notes- December 16


Counting Down Now--  One week.  To Go.

Overcast and colder today. Some weak sunshine.  I had a shower to start the day and now have the load of wash I did in the dryer.  G and Riley are out walking--then Goodwill.  G didn't like going earlier last week--too crowded.  Everyone trying to find the "good stuff".

The bananas I bought early in the week are not ripe (dead) enough to make another loaf of banana bread for G.  I read a review of a new "no-waste" cookbook and someone has made banana bread from the old banana peels.  Now that takes no-waste to new levels.  Would any of you try that recipe?

I am thinking about buying a brush or a comb.  I don't own one and haven't for years.  My hair is usually cut very short.  So fingers do the job.  But I have allowed my hair to get just a bit longer and now find it looking quite ridiculous most of the time.  I tend to wet my hair when I wash my face and then dry it when I dry my face with a towel and---well, it's all swirled and not tidy and I don't notice until I see myself in a passing mirror.  And by then, my hair has decided to remain swirly no matter what I try to do.  I can't imagine what people think.  So a brush or comb or a hat.  A hat.

The picture up top is because G once bought a bag full of shiny cheap ornaments and was going to hang them in trees along  the path to the woods--where he and Riley walk.  I think this is the end result he wanted.  But never achieved.  I might just try to do this in the heavily pruned crab tree by the front steps.  I don't have enough reds.  But I have shiny.

Well, they are back and now it's Time for Goodwill.  Wish me luck!!!!


1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

No, not trying banana peels in my banana bread. NOT!

I vote for a wide-toothed comb. And, good luck with that crab apple tree. It sounds delightful.