Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Daily Notes- December 26th


And it's over.  Always a relief.

I don't mind the cooking or the cards.  I do not care for the buying of gifts unless there is a genuine interest in a specific gift for a specific person.  I send my son a check.  I give my daughter a check. They can save it, spend it--whatever.  My daughter uses her check to pay for CrossFit--something she cannot afford.  And that makes both of us happy.

My son doesn't need my check and I am never certain that he buys anything with it.  Just deposits it. He spoke of buying a chair for his apartment.  But after talking with me about it--he isn't certain he wants another "object" to take care of.....if and when he moves again.  He doesn't "want" things.

In that, my son and I are moving closer to wanting the same thing.  Less.

In my Life, I am letting go of things I own for things I enjoy owning.  Getting rid of things that don't make me happy (spark joy) and replacing them with things that do make me happy.  That pair of six dollar Goodwill corduroy pants made me happier than I have been in years.  Just what I wanted even if the size was wrong.  And I'm wearing them right now.  In fact, I have been wearing them since I bought them.  And they are black. I love wearing black.  With white.  And a gray, red or charcoal sweater.  All my other pants are not black.  And yes, I could have gone to LLBean any day in the years I wanted black pants and paid good money for a pair of pants.  My son says that's what I should do.  I'll work on that.

The card game we played was "In A Pickle" or something like that.  I recommend it.

I did not get two of the items I asked for so will do without one and go to Staples for the other.  I wanted origami paper for folding and I needed a new desk top calendar for 2019.  I will just continue to cut regular copy paper into squares and fold that.  I will also return the waste can and toilet brush my husband bought me (for Christmas) for my bathroom.   It's not that I don't need the two items, I do, but I want them to look like they belong in the bathroom, and nothing I see locally, works.

Yes, my husband thinks a toilet brush and waste can are Christmas gifts you give your wife.

1 comment:

Life Scraps and Patches said...

Well, you have a Christmas story, as in, Remember the Christmas when I got a toilet brush. I'd think of the story as the gift, not that toilet bowl brush. And I hope you find one you like.